Monday, June 05, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

Well...I saw the movie last night. It wasn't too bad and obviously did have some good points. I felt that it was a good way to get a complicated idea across. Unfortunately for Al Gore, it is a bit inconvenient that probably 90% of the folks viewing the movie already agree with the premise.

But I was thinking about this, suppose this was a good way to get a certain message across to the general public, what documentaries would conservatives produce?

Some that popped into my head:

Newt Gingrich on healthcare.
Dick Armey on the Flat Tax.
A younger Milton Friedman (though he is still quite sharp!) on liberalism (in the classical sense).
Maybe John Stossel on education.

Who would you choose to get a message out on an issue that is important to you?

8 Comments:

Blogger The Man In the Tribe Hat said...

I've been thinking for a while now that if Thomas Paine were alive today he wouldn't write 'Common Sense' -- he'd make a movie about it. I don't think that's something to lament, just something conservatives and libertarians need to do a better job of adapting to.

6/12/2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger The Wizard said...

Good point, Roger. I would agree.

I think that Conservatives should do a documentary on how the NeoCons and Bush betrayed conservative principles. That I would pay to see.

6/19/2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger The Wizard said...

How come I can't get any dialogue here. Hello, Nathan...are you here?

7/04/2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Sorry Wiz...I gave up for a while, a bit too busy at work (and lazy).

Anyhow, I'd see it too. It would probably be better suited for ~2010. Although one of the better folks to offer criticism, Bruce Bartlett, has been offering some praise for recent moves. That being said, not much can be done to reverse the tide of social sending by the end of the term.

Going off Roger's comment, I'd like to see the Federalists present their ideas in today's modern media format.

Hmm. On second thought, I'd rather not. I don't think they could be nearly as candid as they were back then.

8/24/2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger The Wizard said...

Hey...Nathan.

Glad you finally responded. I linked you from my place because there's an intellectual honesty here that's sorely lacking from other "conservative" blogs.

I've enjoyed our dialogues, and I'll stop by again. Come say hi over at my place.

8/26/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger The Wizard said...

Hey...Nathan.

Glad you finally responded. I linked you from my place because there's an intellectual honesty here that's sorely lacking from other "conservative" blogs.

I've enjoyed our dialogues, and I'll stop by again. Come say hi over at my place.

8/26/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger wsxwhx719 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

3/29/2010 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finasteride medication propecia x generico - cheap propecia generic

6/03/2013 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home