Monday, April 24, 2006

Bush Presidency

Let me try to respond quickly to Colvin before my delayed (once again!) flight leaves.

I think this downturn started in late fall. The liberals have always hated Bush, but since late fall he has begun losing popularity with his base. I think this can all be tied to the nomination of Harriett Myers. Yes, a lot of us had been frustrated with excessive spending, immigration, etc... but there were still other issues that lead us to support Bush - namely, the war and supreme court nominations.

I am still with them on the war for the most part. But when we lost confidence in his ability to choose justices it just made it much easier to criticize other policies. Ultimately he correctedhis mistake, but the incident in my opinion was the straw that broke the camel's back. If they can address the underlying issues that conservatives have been dissatisfied with for quite some time they have a chance at making a comeback. Oh, and congress will need to grow a pair.

Ok plane is leaving...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home