Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Bridge to Nowhere: RINOs in the Senate

An amendment yesterday was introduced by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla, to halt funding of the bridge to nowhere in Alaska to pay for a bridge in NO. The REPUBLICAN Senate rejected this Amendment, 82-15.

I am livid right now - this is pathetic. If we cannot even cut funding for two bridges worth half a billion dollars, how can we ever cut spending on more difficult decisions?

I HOPE THE REPUBLICANS LOSE THE SENATE IN 2006.

I'm serious. The Democrats would be better at holding down spending if we had a R as president. They don't deserve to be in office. It would serve as a wakeup call to all the R's in office that they better shape up if they want to keep their jobs. What is the point of being a Republican on domestic issues anymore? Everyday I see another reason to not vote for them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

300 an Hour
VoIP is brought to you by Earthlink. Gigaom.com is the personal weblog of Om Malik, senior writer at Business 2.0 magazine ... Read More Hypertext links to connect you with the growing internet world.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to georgia highway construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like georgia highway construction!

11/16/2005 9:52 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

The entire Alaska delegation is a joke. I wish this amendment would have passed just so Stevens would have to follow through on his threat to resign.

NAYs ---13
Allen (R-VA)
Burr (R-NC)
Coburn (R-OK)
DeMint (R-SC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Feingold (D-WI)
Graham (R-SC)
Hagel (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
McCain (R-AZ)
Sessions (R-AL)
Sununu (R-NH)
Talent (R-MO)

Here are the people who voted against tabling the amendment. These are the principled members of the Senate...I honestly could have guessed most of this list prior to seeing it (which is ashame in and of itself).

McCain or Allen for President in 08 sounds better and better each day. Every other Senator was afraid of losing their pet projects (where were the dems on this one?).

11/16/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I just don't know about McCain though... Maybe I will have to reconsider.

Campaign finance reform was such a big NO for me - its things like that that lead me to believe he really enjoys all the press he gets

11/16/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

The thing is, I used to have some sort of emotional attachment that would have made it difficult to make that orig post. I don't feel that way anymore - I honestly think the Miers nomination was a tipping point for me, despite the fact that that one issue has been fixed.

11/16/2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I hear you on McCain-but each day I become more and more enamored with him...I really feel he is a true anti-pork politician and strong on the foreign policy front. I agree with you on campaign finance-completely...bad law, then again the damn President signed it. I do think he enjoys press-but that is largely probably because he wants to be President.

In addition-he will win in 2008.

11/17/2005 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home